Learn from "The Penturning Teacher" Barry Gross - Classes for 2021:
Marc Adams School of Woodworking -
- Week Long Class June 21-25 "Pen Making A to Z"
- Proper tool control
- Sharpening skills will be enhanced
- Achieve a perfect fit and finish on pens
- Working with stabilized and non-stabilized material
- Learn how to cast your own acrylic pen blanks
- Learn the best way to work with acrylics and other materials
- Gain a working knowledge of segmenting pens
- Change and adjust a fountain pen nib for proper alignment
- Marketing Tips
- Weekend Class - June 26 & 27 "Making Pen & Pencil Sets"
Each student will make at least 2 pens and 2 pencils while having FUN!
- Lathe safety
Proper tool control
Achieve a good fit and finish on the pen & pencil
Work with stabilized and non-stabilized wood
Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts -
- Week Long Class - August 15 -20 "Pen Making for the Next Generation"
- In this workshop students will learn the latest in pen making, casting and stabilization techniques. You will work with a variety of materials including exotic wood, stabilized wood, biologicals, acrylics, and laser cut pen kits. The Gisi segmenting method, along with stabilizing wood and casting your own acrylics, will be a focus of the class. Demonstrations include finishing techniques and mastering a CA glue finish. Marketing tips and tricks and displaying and selling your work are also covered. Dan Symonds, an expert on fountain pens, will be an assistant instructor. There is a materials fee of $200 for this class. Open to all skill levels, however basic skills of pen making is a plus.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.